Saturday, January 13, 2007

Livin'

Just some simple musings as I walked home from work yesterday:
I verbally pledged to really live this year. Over the next few days I began to wonder what that means. Here is what I’ve come up with:
I’m young but already I’ve experienced more things than many people much older than I am. I’ve spent my days road-trippin’ but now I will experience life on my feet. I’ve been a glutton but now I will know what it is to be meager. I have been self-serving, seeking success and wealth for happiness but now I will find fulfillment in service. For too long I categorized people in my head but for the rest of my days I want to unite people. These things said, I will still go on occasional road trips and I’ll still handle money. To flee these things entirely would be dogmatic. Maybe within this painting is life.

No comments: